Thursday, November 10, 2011

Jacoby and his dirtbike



When jacoby and I lived in the same home, it was clear, we both had passion and liked to talk to each other. the best thing about him, is that he noticied everything and paid attention to everything that was going on and he knew everything his auntie christina was doing, pretty much. his little cuteness, melted me like you wouldn't believe.

I mean, we talked about everything. played together and pretty much had an understanding, i had sweets and he could come see me anytime and talk about anything.

when it was wild out, raining ice, snow blinding blizzards and it was time to get out, from time to time i would throw on my dirtbike pants when my boarding pants were soaked thru. what are those?jacoby would ask~ those are my dirt bike riding pants. i would say. our cousin was a semi-pro, till his career stopped when he got injured. i would always show Jacoby my dirtbike helmet. i told him that scarano's came from dirtbike riders and he comes from that line.


i mean, not much- of my interests were overlooked by this little pumpkin. pretty sure, he could tell you everything about me. all joking aside.


i danced with a real dirt bike at 4 years old for jacoby, just to hit it out of the park. i finished with the idea of NOT, so that brother mark could maybe snowboard with me this year. last time, i brought him home, from snowboarding he was mildly intoxicated and injured. I literally did nothing wrong, he decided to ride the rail, he fell. i fed him beers to nurse the wound. I think i was a good sister. I know he has kids. But it was my birthday, and scaranos need to bond~ in activities like boarding. Mark and Joe are the only sibs that get on the boards.


What about that? one of the littlest family members caught an idea.

here it is.

he was certain he would get a toy dirtbike. for his birthday. he mentioned it to his parents.

i spoke with brother mark, late and he told me that little jacboy was on this that he was getting a dirtbike~ i said i am on it.

i had under 24 hours and had to work amongst other things, but i stopped at the store and found the ONE last dirtbike toy in the store and bought it on my way to the party.

i showed up late, but you know i had a dirtbike with me.

when i got there, jacboy hugged and greeted me and then stopped what was going on to tell everyone there "look, christina got me a dirtbike."


the assurance floored me.

like, i expected this gift to come to me. i believed it. here it is. the joy, was solid.

this kids rules, and you know what he is on to something we should all step back and get serious about too.

why not a dirtbike?


The Expectancy-value Theory of Motivation tells us, that if we set a goal of value, and believe and expect to suceed will direct impact the motivation. this theory is for learning, yeah i get that~ but check this out "According to the “expectancy-value theory” a learner’s motivation is determined by how much they value the goal, and whether they expect to succeed."


Expectancy is the atmosphere for miracles.Edwin Louis Cole


Look, of all people~ I know sometimes life is hard. But~ I am expecting the dirtbike, how about you?


expect the dirt bike. expect the best. you might just get it.


kids get value of a gift sometimes adults miss, they also understand the expectancy of good, that adulthood often causes us to miss.


what a sweet reminder to expect the best in a just turned four-year's old wanting of a dirtbike.






No comments:

Post a Comment